Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Age is Just a Number

This is just a picture I like. I have a large number of different types of flowers... all colors.

If you read Joanna Zieger's blog then you kinda know where I'm going with this.

"I'm not 41, I'm eighteen with 23 years experience." ~ Anonymous

They say that forty is the new thirty. There are claims that you are only as old as you feel. Oh SHIT; I'm 61! Since I haven't been swimming as much I've felt slower, heavier, and older. I'm watching Law and Order at dinner because I know it's on.

I think that training for triathlon is a "fountain of youth" of sorts. You put in "hard" efforts and you get fit and look younger. Ever go to an Ironman and REALLY look around at people's faces? Lots of young looking people. I have friends who are 60+ females who look like they are in their 30s. Males in their 60s who also look 30 something. Guys in their 70s and 80s who look 50 and 60. Sounds like this workout thing isn't for fanatics.

I've been easing back into more consistent workouts with my eye on a bike tour at the end of the year. An 860-mile long bike tour.

Act your age? No thank you.

Male Celebrities turning 40 this year:
Shawn Wayans, Paul Rudd, Ice Cube, Christian Slater, Matthew Perry, Matthew McConaughey, Rick Fox

1 comment:

  1. YES! Good blog, Bob! I keep telling myself this same thing as this is my last year in my 30s. lol ;))

    ReplyDelete